[OT] New pricing

Dr. Hawkins dochawk at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 18:59:06 EDT 2013

On Sun, Apr 7, 2013 at 11:50 AM, Richard Gaskin
<ambassador at fourthworld.com> wrote:
> The review process at Apple is notoriously capricious. Given how widely
> varying reviews are with regard to Apple's own policies, it wouldn't be
> surprising if some, perhaps many, of Apple's employees were unfamiliar with
> the Free Software Foundation's findings of incompatibility between the GPL
> and Apple's App Store policies:

Commenting as a lawyer, though:  there are something like seven
billion opinions that get more weight than the FSF's on the issue.

At least on version 3, they had their chance for input before it was
written (I think version 2 predates the FSF).  The general rule of
interpretation is that you construe a document against the drafter;
the FSF opinion gets little weight given their involvement/sort of
being the same folks that wrote it).

--
Dr. Richard E. Hawkins, Esq.
(702) 508-8462