[OT] Re: Important Message

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Apr 7 13:22:19 EDT 2013

On 4/7/13 10:57 AM, Richmond wrote:

> I would be grateful, Heather (???), if you could block
> stgoldberg at aol.com, unless, of course,
> that is a known person, who then needs to know pretty fast that their
> e-mail has been compromised.

He is a long-time member of this list and a previous member of the HC
list, a well-established developer who has attended RR conferences.

As I understand these things, AOL accounts can be compromised outside of
the user's control. The malware invades through AOL itself somehow, not
via the user's machine. If that's what is happening here, the user won't
have any way to stop it, though he should report it to AOL.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com