Parking LC's GUI furniture

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 12:57:22 EDT 2013

This is what I wrote somewhere in the Forum, and, I believe, bears
duplicating here:

-------------------------

"it makes it really annoying when those boxes are just floating around
all over the place when i am working"

indeed . . .

setting up (i.e. installing Livecode) on one's machine one gets the
"revMenubar" stack about 25% of the way down the screen, and the
"revTools" stack about 50% down and 25% in from the left.

the first thing I do whenever I get hold of a version of Livecode is do
this:

put a script into the "revMenubar" stack like this;

on openStack
put item 3 of the screenRect into WIDD
if WIDD > 808 then --mind you, come to think of it, if your screen
resolution width is less than 808 pixels you have other problems to
worry about . . . LOL
put WIDD/2 into WID2
put (WID2 - 404) into LEFFT
set the left of screen "revMenubar" to LEFFT
end if
set the top of stack "revMenubar" to 0
set the top of stack "revTools" to 0
set the left of stack "revTools" to 0
end openStack

Be careful to uncheck "can't modify" in the Basic panel of the
preferences palette for the "revMenubar" stack, and then, because
SAVE has been mucked around with vis-a-vis the "revTools" and the
"revMenubar" stacks you have to type:

save stack "revMenubar" into the Message box and then press ENTER on
your keyboard.
that parks them fairly efficiently.