Menus and the pointer tool on Windows

Peter M. Brigham pmbrig at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 09:28:37 EDT 2013

On Apr 7, 2013, at 9:11 AM, Graham Samuel wrote:

> Sadly, my users aren't that sophisticated. They get one chance to pick the pointer tool, and then they expect to mess with the objects in a particular window set aside for the purpose. The Windows ones probably have no idea about the option key or its equivalent on their keyboards.

In that case you might consider a mousemove handler in a frontscript, so that the pointer tool is only active when the cursor is over that window and also only when the cursor is NOT over the menu group. I have been using this kind of approach in other contexts and it works quite well. Use the mousestack and mousecontrol functions to know where the user is hovering, then set the tool accordingly.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig