Page 2 of a PDF

Mac Bennett mac at mauraoconnell.com
Thu Apr 4 20:56:49 EDT 2013

I've been using "pdfimages"  one of the tools that comes with "xpdf";  I am using Livecode shell calls to batch process a hundred or so pdfs of old letters which were scanned as pdf.  From the commandline, pdfimages outputs numbered jpg or ppm files of each page in multipage pdfs.

(Note: this only works with images inside pdf files, not actual pdf text;  xpdf has a tool "pdftoppm" which outputs raw images of multipage pdfs; but I haven't tried it.)

xpdf webpage:   http://www.foolabs.com/xpdf/index.html

Mac