CGI scripts are failing

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 4 18:13:15 EDT 2013

On 4/4/13 5:04 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Richard Gaskin <ambassador at ...> writes:
>
>> Hmmm...I had thought there were more things than I see there.  If that's
>> the complete list, I didn't see anything there about 64-bit.
>
> What I see is:
>
> 357k  Resolution independence
> 376k  Pluggable themes
> 405k  Cocoa
> 417k  Physics engine
> 424k  Windows8+phone theme
> 434k  Vector shape object
> 441k  Reworked multimedia support
> 450k  New browser control
>
> That's a lot of work to put on the team's plate. If we get most of those
> I'll be very happy. And once the engine code is open-sourced maybe we can
> take a look at what it takes to be 64-bit compliant. My guess is that it
> will come with the Cocoa implementation.

That would be good, if it came in at 3rd in the list (1st would be
great.) I've heard back from JaguarPC and they are going to move me to a
32-bit machine. They want to keep their operation streamlined, which
apparently requires that all shared hosting plans use the same
installation. But they will be upgrading all their machines to 64-bit
across the board, and the "fix" is only temporary until that happens. I
don't know what "temporary" means; six months? A year? Tomorrow?

I need the compatibility fix pretty quick.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com