CGI scripts are failing

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Thu Apr 4 00:41:23 EDT 2013

On 4/3/13 11:18 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> Jacque-
>
> Wednesday, April 3, 2013, 8:21:46 PM, you wrote:
>
>>> They did move me to 64 bit hardware. You guys were right.
>>>
>>> Slow progress...they said "what libraries do you need?" So, who's got a
>>> link to the 32-bit compatibility libs? Or what exactly do I tell them? I
>>> mean, like, what's it called in geek speak?
>>>

> You want to have them install ia32-libs. Getting there depends on the
> linux distro... this might get you there.
>
> sudo apt-get install ia32-libs

Thanks Mark. I told them. They had told me, "Unfortunately we would need
to look at the 32 bit libraries before we can just add them. Our
shared/reseller type servers are all on a standard configuration for us
to better manage them as well as threat assessment. Do you know which
libraries that you specifically need 32 bit for so we can see if it is
possible for us to do?"

I said I assumed I needed all the libraries that ldd had listed.

The good news is that every time I complain on their forum, an admin
steps in and answers my ticket. They shouldn't reward that kind of behavior.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com