CGI scripts are failing

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 3 19:44:43 EDT 2013

On 4/3/13 6:21 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:
> J. Landman Gay <jacque at ...> writes:
>
>> Now, it occurs to me that libX11.so.6 <> libX11.so.6.2 and
>> libXext.so.6.4 <> libXext.so.6
>
> No, that's all fine. It's just linux's way of saying that you can use a
> shorthand way of getting to the libraries and if the version gets updated
> it's not going to break.

Yeah, I grok symlinks, but was wondering if a different version would
throw off the rev engine. But it's responding like it can't find the
libraries at all, so I'm sure your right.

> If they're running a 64-bit OS you might check to see if the ia32-libs are
> installed. Without them you won't get 32-bit compatibility, which you need
> for the LC engine.

I've asked them about the 64-bit thing, we'll see what they say. Would
lack of compatibility cause the engine to think the libraries aren't there?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com