shell issue in windows using type (vs. cat on the mac)

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Wed Apr 3 12:07:21 EDT 2013

I am working on a script and ran into a problem with the type command

I want to output a file to another command, but when I do, I get the shell
window, which just sits there until I hit CR, then it does its thing.  On
the mac, this doesn't happen.

How can I get the shell to not sit there waiting for a CR?

I am trying to send APNS messages from Windows, so the command is
type Notification.bin | c:\OpenSSL-Win32\bin\openssl s_client -CAfile
CA.pem -connect gateway.sandbox.push.apple.com:2195 -cert AppCertKey.pem

Using >, >> or copy (instead of type) does not fix it.
Once I hit CR in the terminal window, everything proceeds normally.

   and did a little diving.
And God said, "This is good."