Distinguishing between drag/drop move and copy operations

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Apr 2 15:24:18 EDT 2013

I'm using a variation of Scott Rossi's excellent handler for drag/drop
operations in a scrolling list field.  The variation is that instead of
moving the line to the drop location, I'm moving/copying the object
represented by the source line to the object represented by the destination
line - e.g. moving/copying a line representing an LC control onto a line
representing an LC card to move/copy the control.

What I'd like to do is give some visual key as to whether the operation is
a move or a copy.  Normal drag/drops are moves, holding down the option key
turns it into a copy (a la OSX Finder).

I'd like to mimic the OSX behavior and add a plus sign to the dragimage
when a copy is in operation but my LC graphic skills just aren't up to the
task. Especially since the plus sign goes away during the drag if you let
go of the option key so I guess it's not part of the dragimage, even though
it tracks the mouse pointer.

Any ideas much appreciated.

Thanks,

Pete