positioning graphics in relation to a line in a text field

Devin Asay devin_asay at byu.edu
Mon Apr 1 17:05:34 EDT 2013

On Apr 1, 2013, at 2:47 PM, Mark Wieder wrote:

> Devin Asay <devin_asay at ...> writes:
>
>> Would the selectedRect of a text chunk do what you want?
>
> Yeah, wouldn't that be nice?
> Is there an enhancement request for this? Right now it's a bit of a complicated
> algorithm, and requires a fixed line height in a field.

Wow, I must have hallucinated the existence of this property, or projected my intense desire onto reality. I guess I was thinking of the selectedLoc, which only gives you the top left corner of the text selection. Still, you can use this information to derive a rectangle, subject to the complications Mark mentions.

No more making things up from my malleable memory!

Devin

Devin Asay
Office of Digital Humanities
Brigham Young University