Save greyed out with Mac build

Stephen King st.king42 at ntlworld.com
Mon Apr 1 14:35:57 EDT 2013

Hi Jacqueline

The code is attached below. Hopefully it is fairly clear, but I only program as a hobby for a local dive club so….!

The sources identical between windows and OSX builds. The windows one works fine, the OSX one won't save.

Cheers
Steve

----What save commands are you using? It's likely script-related, can you
-----post the segment of code that does the saving?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com

-- Create a SAC folder then a SAC/Preferences folder if they don't exist
   put SACUserFolder & "/SAC" into SACUserFolder
   if there is no folder SACUserFolder then
      create Folder SACUserFolder
   end if

   Put SACUserFolder & "/Dives" into DivesFolder

   if there is no folder DivesFolder then
      create Folder DivesFolder
   end if

-- User to define filename
   set the defaultFolder to DivesFolder
   --answer the defaultFolder with "OK"
   ask file  "Save Dive file as:" with the DefaultFolder with filter "SAC File, *.SAC"
   put it into UserFileName
   if it is not empty then
      -- check if already has extension
      set the itemdelimiter to "."
      if the number of items in UserFileName is 1 then
         put UserFileName & ".SAC" into UserFileName
      else
         if the last item of UserFileName is not "SAC" then
            put UserFileName & ".SAC" into UserFileName
         end if
      end if
      -- Save file
      -- answer UserFileName with "OK"
      put TheDiveFile into URL ("file:" & UserFileName)
      if the result is not empty then
         answer "Sorry there was a problem saving the file. File not saved" with "OK"
      end if
   end if