More weirdness

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sat Sep 29 22:29:38 EDT 2012

On 9/29/12 9:15 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> That prompted me to see what happened if I removed the answer file dialog
> and just hardcoded a stackfile path.  Guess what - everything works
> perfectly.
>
> So something about the answer file dialog is causing this problem to occur.
>   The command is:
> *
> *
> *answer* file "Select stackfile to open" with *type* "Livecode
> Stack|rev,livecode|RSTK" titled "Open Stack File".

Maybe because you're opening a modal window from inside a non-toplevel
stack? Just a guess.

Since your stack is a plugin, you might have better luck if you use the
IDE messages intended for those. It seems like your scripts get hung up
mostly when they trap messages that the IDE also manipulates. If you can
transfer your handlers to the plugin messages instead, you might avoid
some of that. For example, you can set up your plugin to receive a
revOpenStack message when a stack opens and run your handler from there
instead of from openStack.

There are tons of things going on in the IDE whenever a stack opens. All
the pre- and open- messages bounce through a dozen libraries,
frontscripts, backscripts, etc. and there's no telling which one will
lock up debugging calls and cause breakpoints to abort. I think the rev
plugin messages are sent after all the IDE stuff is over and done. By
then you're safe.

I vaguely recall this came up before and there was some reason you
couldn't use those, but it might be worth re-exploring.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com