connecting to mysql

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Fri Sep 28 23:59:37 EDT 2012

Hi, I'm looking for a test site I could use to test some code. I've got the
following working for a localhost config but am getting an error connecting
to the remote host at www.runrev.com. Does anyone have another remote site I
could test this with?

on mouseUp
    -- use a global variable to hold the connection ID so other scripts can
use it
   global gConnectionID
      -- set up the connection parameters - edit these to suit your database
   --       put "www.runrev.com" into tDatabaseAddress
   --       put "runrev_test" into tDatabaseName
   --       put "example" into tDatabaseUser
   --       put "example" into tDatabasePassword
       put "localhost" into tDatabaseAddress
       put "learnsql" into tDatabaseName
       put "root" into tDatabaseUser
       put "root" into tDatabasePassword
       -- connect to the database
      put revOpenDatabase("MySQL", tDatabaseAddress, tDatabaseName,
tDatabaseUser, tDatabasePassword) into tResult
      -- check if it worked and display an error message if it didn't
       -- & set the connection ID global
      if tResult is a number then
             put tResult into gConnectionID
             answer info "Connected to the database." & cr & "Connection ID
= " & gConnectionID
   else
             put empty into gConnectionID
              answer error "Unable to connect to the database:" & cr &
tResult
       end if
end mouseUp

Also, if your site uses port numbers I'd like to try that as well with
something like this code:

revOpenDatabase ("mysql",host[:port], databaseName, [userName], [password],
[useSSL], [socket], [timeout], [autoReconnect])

BTW, the error I am getting at www.runrev.com is
Host 'wnpgmb014uw-ad04-17-21.dynamic.mtsallstream.net' is not allowed to
connect to this MySQL server

Thanks

-- Mark