Android, Ubuntu, and the JDK

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Sep 27 11:26:30 EDT 2012

Mark Wieder wrote:

>> Have any of you been able to successfully set up Android building from
>> LC 5.5.2 under Ubuntu?
>
> Don't know about ubuntu, but in fedora it was happy when I pointed it to
> /usr/lib/java-1.6.0/jvm/java-1.6.0-openjdk

Thanks for that, Mark.  With your encouragement that Open JDK works, I
looked into this further and found the source of the issue:  I had
installed the 64-bit version of the JDK, but of course LiveCode is still
32-bit.  Once I installed the 32-bit JDK 6.0 and pointed LiveCode to
that it built without issue.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World