Android, Ubuntu, and the JDK

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Wed Sep 26 11:16:21 EDT 2012

Many thanks to RunRev for providing Android build support in LiveCode
for Linux.

I was looking forward to trying that last night, but ran into a snag:

I've installed the Android SDK, with a minimum version support of 2.2.
I've also installed OpenJDK for Java 6, and that much seems to be working.

But when setting up LiveCode's Prefs window I can select the SDK folder
without issue, but pointing it to my JDK folder alerts me that it's "not
a valid JDK", with no further details.

What exactly is it looking for?

Have any of you been able to successfully set up Android building from
LC 5.5.2 under Ubuntu?

TIA -

--
  Richard Gaskin