lock/unlock screen

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Sat Sep 22 13:36:03 EDT 2012

Here's another nuance on lock screen, throwing in preOpenCard processing
just for good measure!

My preOpenCard code includes lock and unlock screen commands. While the
screen is locked, I alter the stack's topLeft property, expecting that the
user would see the stack in the location I set it to.

However, the stack is initially displayed in one location then jumps to the
location I set it to.

My understanding of preOpenCard is that it happens before the stack is
displayed so  this behavior puzzles me.  I had to move the code that
adjusts the stack's topLeft into another handler and execute it via a "send
in zero" command in order to get round some other issues with preOpenCard -
could it be that delays the setting  of topLeft long enough that it doesn't
happen until after preOpenCard is done?

This all with LC 5.5.0 and OS X 10.7.4.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>