Can I develop my IOS app away from my home computer?

Howard Bornstein bornstein at designeq.com
Fri Sep 21 01:16:22 EDT 2012

I need to be somewhere away from home for several weeks and want to
continue to develop my IOS app while away. I can bring LC and the SDK to
this computer. So I know I can develop code and check it in the simulator.
But is there any way I can get an app loaded on my iphone to test when I am
not near my home computer?

As far as I can tell, iTunes won't sync with my iPhone (which would allow
an updated version of my app to get loaded on the phone) unless I sync to
the computer where I originally set up my iPhone (ok, it will, but it will
wipe out everything currently on my phone). Is there any other way I can
get a new, compiled mobile standalone to upload onto my phone without
syncing to my home computer? I haven't used Xcode for this but is there a
way to upload an app directly to the iPhone using Xcode and bypassing
iTunes altogether? If so, would someone please describe the steps to
someone who has only used LC/iTunes to get apps onto their phone?

I am in your debt.

--
Regards,

Howard Bornstein