detect keyboard height on mobile

Colin Holgate coiin at verizon.net
Wed Sep 19 11:26:20 EDT 2012

The situation is more complicated than you may be thinking. On iOS you can split the keyboard into two halves that slide up to half way, or you can undock and the keyboard remains intact, but sits halfway up the screen. You may want to always make sure that important text into fields are in the top third of the screen.