5.5.2 Linux display bug?

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sun Sep 16 23:21:35 EDT 2012

Hello,

I find that the the blinking insertion cursor is not displayed in
Livecode 5.5.2 in the IDE, and carrying over through a standalone. This
happens running openSUSE 12.1, KDE and Mint 9, Gnome. Toggling desktop
effects in SUSE makes no difference, Mint is running in VirtualBox
without effects. It's a little awkward.

I also have the phantom pointer in SUSE, where after launch the pointer
disappears over the IDE toolbar and tools palette. It displays when over
the message box or a stack, but disappears again over the toolbar and
tools palette. It also does not display over an inspector palette, but
does change to the I bar over the text fields (insertion point is still
invisible), disappearing again when leaving them. Opening the dictionary
resolves the problem for the rest of the session. The dictionary doesn't
have to stay open. Toggling effects doesn't fix it and I tried a couple
of different cursor themes, animated and non-animated, and that didn't
make a difference.

Can someone confirm or deny?

Warren