Skanky ways to play MP3 on Windows XP

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Fri Sep 14 14:02:48 EDT 2012

If this is speech, not music, then one can also use  8 bit wav files at low
sample rates like 11k or 5k. The high frequencies will diminish and 8 bit
is somewhat crunchy sounding, but if one is preparing the samples one can
always create them brighter with eq. and shape for the application. These
file types will import and play in Livecode, I've tested this.

Remember the Nyquist
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist_frequency>frequency calculation
 --  basically (and with 'perfect' filters) your
high end frequency limit will be half your sample rate.

Also you folks should know that I have been successful in obtaining audio
data from a livecode stack and exporting it to a file and I'll post my
findings soon.

sqb

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 4:32 AM, Ben Rubinstein <benr_mc at cogapp.com> wrote:

> So this definitely moves me a step forward - do you know of any other
> supported formats that offer either higher compression or better quality,
> that can be played as internal/imported LiveCode sounds?
>
> Many thanks,
>
> Ben
>
> Stephen Barncard

San Francisco Ca. USA