what does and doesn't get complied in a standalone?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Thu Sep 13 17:36:19 EDT 2012

I would only add that the mainstack is not editable, and seems to be incorporated into the "app" itself, whereas substacks (with the option to keep substacks separate option checked in the Standalone Apps settings) and stack files are individual files located in a folder in the app bundle on a Mac, and in a folder in the program folder on Windows. Not sure about Linux.

The Mac bundle DOES contain a file named the same as the mainstack, but without the .livecode extension. If I add the extension, and then try to open the file as a stack, Livecode complains it is not a stack, showing that the mainstack is actually not simply included in the bundle, but is incorporated into a unix executable, which I believe is the runtime engine glued together with the mainstack.

If you need further confusion and obfuscation I will be glad to assist! ;-)

Bob