[OT] Looking For OS X Troubleshooting Suggestions 22

Jim Hurley jhurley0305 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 13 15:07:16 EDT 2012

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 08:53:37 -0700
> From: Bob Sneidar <bobs at twft.com>
> To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
> Subject: Re: [OT] Looking For OS X Troubleshooting Suggestions
>
> If spotlight is failing it is because it has encountered bad blocks in the indexing process, and the attempt to relocate the data has failed. Read my prior post. I'm really good at this stuff. It's what I do for a living.
>
> Bob

Bob,

First, let me say, I enjoy people who are good at what they do, and are not afraid to say so. (I just wish you were doing what you do in my neighborhood.)

Second, I have many of the symptoms discussed earlier on this topic.

But I have one more very sophisticated diagnostic test I perform. I listen. Every so often, the HD on my Mac Mini squeaks for a few minutes. That can't be good.

Generally things are fine. So I assume the contents of my existing internal drive are ok.  So, what would you recommend?

If I were to create a Carbon Copy Clone on an external drive and, in the future,  always boot from that external copy, would there be a performance hit?

Jim