[OT] Looking For OS X Troubleshooting Suggestions

Jerry Jensen jhj at jhj.com
Thu Sep 13 14:09:58 EDT 2012

I agree with Bob and Stephen. This looks like a failing drive. I just had similar symptoms happen on a server (yikes!) with a failing drive that was external, connected via FireWire. It isn't even necessarily trouble with an internal drive. I'm also a fan of Carbon Copy Cloner (bombich.com). $40 well spent. Cloning to a FW drive and seeing if it runs OK there is a lot less hassle than reinstalling - and then you have a good backup too!
.Jerry