[OT] Looking For OS X Troubleshooting Suggestions

stephen barncard stephenREVOLUTION2 at barncard.com
Thu Sep 13 01:10:23 EDT 2012

Scott, I had something like this - and it turned out to be a half working
hard drive. The test said ok but there was some intermittent stuff going
on. I ended up starting with a new drive, new install, and the migration
assistant  which works pretty well these days. In your case restoring means
you have to go through the install of Leopard (!) then Snow Leopard and all
of the updates among them.

I don't have drives go down often these days so when it happens I don't
believe it at first.