Morality, Honesty and Legality

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Sep 11 20:39:39 EDT 2012

Roger Eller wrote:
> I'm sure they give large sums of money to some very good causes, but why
> not go all out and make a difference by really changing the world instead
> of paying all those lawyers to take down Samsung?  Ok, this one is
> definitely over the top, and also naive, but wouldn't it be a wonderful
> achievement for a company of such humble beginnings?

Like EULA terms, corporate philanthropy may also be a feature some folks
look for when selecting their vendors.

Here's the top 15 from last year's San Francisco Business Times' annual
Corporate Philanthropy Awards Summit:

     Google, Inc.
     AT&T
     Wells Fargo Bank
     Chevron Corp.
     Cisco Systems, Inc.
     Safeway, Inc.
     Bank of America, Corp.
     Intel Corp.
     JPMorgan Chase & Co.
     PG&E Corp.
     Citi
     Hewlett-Packard Co.
     Gap, Inc.
     Applied Materials, Inc.
     Genentech, Inc.

<http://sanfranciscoblog.foundationcenter.org/corporate_giving/>

Only one OS vendor there, but they're at the top of the list and they
make a pretty useful OS; extra bonus points that it's also open source.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World