[OT] EULA and legality

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Mon Sep 10 12:36:50 EDT 2012

> It's unclear to me why the fact that I buy a license to use
> software versus owning the actual software itself has any
> effect on what I choose to do with it.  Either way, I pay
> money to Apple to be able to use it.  That's a different
> issue than what the EULA says regarding not using it on
> non-Apple hardware of course but interesting nevertheless.

A good "real world" parallel is buying a car vs leasing it. Your lease can
forbid all sorts of activities, because at the end of the day, you don't own
the car.

You don't buy a license. You pay money to be permitted to use under specific
terms granted. Software is intellectual property.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software