[OT] EULA and legality

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Mon Sep 10 00:01:35 EDT 2012

As Richard mentioned earlier, the underdog tag was a fair description of
Apples humble beginnings, but this is currently FAR from the case.  I
believe the real underdogs today are just regular people (techie people)
who would like to run a great OS on hardware they can hand pick for
themselves.  It is not a technical issue because indeed it does "just work"
if the recipe of hardware chipsets matches what Apple puts into their
hardware.  I'm sure the small fraction of OS X fans who want to run it on
PC hardware is rather small, but they still want to be Apple "software
customers".  It's not about honesty, it's about economy.

If a technically skilled user wants to build their own system and buy OS X
for it, it should be allowed.  A PC owner can continue to use most system
components for ages, and just change out the parts as they break (or
upgrade on occasion).  Why can't a G5 owner take out the motherboard and
install an i7 on an intel-based motherboard and then install OS X?  The
machine would still be Apple-branded, still able to connect to iTunes,
still can purchase media and books, etc. But nooooooo!  You have to buy an
entirely new system just to buy stuff.  I realize this is a hopeless
debate, and only Apple can change the policies of Apple.

Which is the better demonstration of recycling an old Mac?
http://static.flickr.com/15/18743082_736390eb05.jpg
or
http://www.s155158671.websitehome.co.uk/Resources/dscf0006.jpeg

Sorry, I couldn't find one with goats inside.  ;-p

~Roger