[OT] EULA and legality

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Sun Sep 9 13:40:58 EDT 2012

On 9/9/12 9:31 AM, Colin Holgate wrote:

> About the $20 to upgrade to Mountain Lion, I suspect that doesn't
> fully pay for the development of OSX, and that's with Apple just
> having to support a handful of computers. Imaging their costs if they
> had to support every conceivable PC configuration.

I'm sure there are many factors involved, but I think one of the primary
reasons Apple doesn't want the OS used on other hardware is to avoid the
mess that Microsoft got themselves into by licensing to any PC
distributor. By retaining control of both software and hardware, it
"just works" -- at least, most of the time.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com