[OT] EULA and legality

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Sun Sep 9 11:11:06 EDT 2012

Agreed.  Apple should run itself as a business in order to BE in business.
 It's a company-eat-company world, and business trade-marks/branding are
acquired every day.  Therefore the Apple brand could 'continue to exist'
even if merged with IBM (unlikely today).  One of the largest on-line PC
parts companies - TigerDirect, a few years ago acquired CompUSA.  The
CompUSA name is on the front of the store, but the store content is now
just a showroom for the TigerDirect on-line catalog.  So, a merged Apple
wouldn't be quite the same anymore, I would imagine.

I tend to pull for the underdog, incase you guys haven't noticed.  :-)
 After all, I was once an Amiga fan-boy "based on its merits".  Microsoft
Windows was/is/probably will continue to be a standard for a long time.  If
Apple would open up OS X to other hardware, this could change.  I don't
mind OS X becoming simply a standard - if it is better than the old
standard.  Then, there could be something new and even better.  Something
to make us "think more different".

~Roger