Tied up in Layers …..

Francis Nugent Dixon effendi at wanadoo.fr
Sat Sep 8 12:26:35 EDT 2012

Hi from Beautiful Brittany,

I'v written a stack with many phases of execution,
and have literally dozens of fields and buttons on
layers assigned by LiveCode when created.

Some of these objects are "shown" when they should
be "invisible" behind objects on a higher layer.
Others are "hidden" when they should be "visible"
in front of objects on a lower layer.

I hope I make myself clear……..

Instead of manually shifting all these objects to
suitable layers, and driving myself bonkers in the
process, I have two questions :

1 - Can I list the current layer of all objects in
    my card, with a script ?
2 - Can I then set the layers of the objects by a
    script, to put them into layers convenient to
    me.

Documentation SEEMS to specify that I can "Get" a
layer number for an object, but can't "Set" it.

Any solutions ?

-Francis