Problems on Mac OSX Reading Files on Server

Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Wed Sep 5 22:39:29 EDT 2012

I have an old (three years running now) revision control system that is
simply a client side mini-finder that  appends old fashioned revision
control strings to file names like

Hinduism Today_cover_r1-ci-BR.indd

indicates  a file that is checked in on the server and is revision 1 and
last edited by BR.

All the app (called "Grapple") does it use "cp"  "mv"  shell commands,
poke the last segment of the file names and makes copies locally and
archives copies on the server.

basic, but it works and worked a lot better than some huge system that
uses MySQL on the back end (we had one of those and it was a huge headache)

But now, on Lion, OS X, we are having some issues with InDesign files
where the

Set the defaultfolder to "/Volume/Server-on-the-lan/Grapple Version
Control/HT 2013-01/"

put the files into tList
put tList into fld "CurrentFiles"

now, what is happening it:

many of the files on the server are not returned in the "the files"

But, cp and mv commands are working.

Can anyone give me any clues? of why some files are invisible to
LiveCode, but visible in the Finder?

Om Shanti

Brahmanathaswami
Kauai Aadheenam