an ignored breakpoint

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Sep 3 13:33:43 EDT 2012

On 9/2/12 11:31 AM, Dr. Hawkins wrote:
> On Sun, Sep 2, 2012 at 12:07 AM, Kay C Lan <lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com> wrote:
>> IMO the red dots are like the Geometry Manager - to be avoided because they
>> are flaky.
>
> YEah, but they can be added to a running script.

I almost never need to insert a breakpoint command, so your mileage may
vary. The red dots don't always work, but for me they do most of the time.

>> I've never had the debugger ignore a specifically written
>> 'breakpoint' in a script, so that's what I ALWAYS use.
>
> I have yet to get one to work in preOpenStack (at least for the main
> stack) unless I precede it with an answer . . .

The preOpen-everythings on the first card are the main occasion where I
do need to insert a scripted breakpoint. Those work if the stack is
opened from within the IDE. Double-clicking the stack to launch the IDE
doesn't always break; I always thought the debugger wasn't available yet
when that happens.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com