Control Key on Linux

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Oct 30 19:20:38 EDT 2012

Thanks everyone.  I got confused (easily done!) by the dictionary entries
for controlKeyDown:

"On Windows systems <http://glossary/w/535.xml>, a control key
combination<http://glossary/k/255.xml>sends a
commandKeyDown <http://dictionary/message/1616.xml> message instead, and
the *controlKeyDown* message <http://dictionary/keyword/1473.xml> is never
sent. On Unix systems <http://glossary/u/512.xml>, the *controlKeyDown*
message <http://dictionary/keyword/1473.xml> is sent only if Mod2 has been
defined."

I'm using a controlKeyDown handler on my Mac development box to handle what
happens when the user presses control plus another character.  What I'm
trying to figure out is if I can have that same handler work on Linux and
Windows and if so, which key on those platforms needs to be pressed to
result in a controlKeyDown message being sent.

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>