a little unicode help

Mark Schonewille m.schonewille at economy-x-talk.com
Tue Oct 30 12:44:42 EDT 2012

Hi Chris,

Are you 1) first retrieving the data from the native text field as unicode, then saving the data to SQLite, then reading it from SQLite and finally setting the text of the LiveCode field or 2) just retrieving the data from the native text field and immediately setting the unicodeText of the LiveCode field while also at some point saving the data to SQLite without affecting any of the variables containing the data?

If you are reading data from SQLite, then SQLite probably expects UTF8 while you're saving UTF16. Before you save data to SQLite, convert it:

put uniDecode(tUserName,"UTF8") into tUserName

and after you retreive it from SQLite encode it:

put uniEncode(tUserName,"UTF8") into tUserName

--
Best regards,

Mark Schonewille

Homepage: http://economy-x-talk.com