iOS simulator closes right after opening of app

Thomas McGrath III 3mcgrath at comcast.net
Tue Oct 30 09:02:00 EDT 2012

Christophe,

Any time you have a new Desktop OS, and a new Development IDE, and a new iOS, and a new Livecode version you are bound to run into issues until everything gets worked out and all caveats are resolved. As far as I know this would be the same on any platform.

With the new xCode, Apple decided to include a few simulators but only the one SDK. A few things to consider are:
1. GIve everything time to register. (xCode is tied into the Developer website for Provisioning Certs, etc.)
2. Open xCode to start the download of extras and specifically you need to download Legacy Simulators.
3. In Livecode check your preferences for mobile and re-link to the new xCode, ONLY. (conflicting xCodes will interfere with running the simulator)
4. In standalone settings for your app give the app a unique Internal App ID (if not you will run into a problem, or delete any versions of the app on the simulator)
5. In standalone settings re-select your Profile.
6. Save the App to set these settings.
7. Occasionally, you have to go fishing in Erie. (Don't laugh, this solved the whole problem for me.)
8. Reboot as necessary.

Actually, what really happened was that I rebooted my computer after the weekend fishing and all was fine so it just took time to settle in.

Thomas J McGrath III
3mcgrath at comcast.net

Lazy River Software
http://lazyriver.on-rev.com