program crash on export snapshot

Tiemo Hollmann TB toolbook at kestner.de
Fri Oct 26 04:03:56 EDT 2012

Hi all,

I have a customer with a MacBook Pro, OSX 10.6.8, where my program crashes
when creating a snapshot from a video. The same program runs fine at all
other customers, so I think it has to be something on this specific Mac. I
couldn't debug it at the customer, but I assume the relevant two statements
(everything else is "standard internal LC handling"), which could cause the
crash are:

   set the alwaysBuffer of player "myPlayer" to true

   export snapshot from rect tRect to tScreenshot as PNG

Does perhaps anybody has experienced crashes related to these statements? I
am not very experienced in debugging Macs, can anybody give me a hint where
and what to look for?

Thank you

Tiemo