Script problem

Ben Rubinstein benr_mc at cogapp.com
Thu Oct 25 05:03:40 EDT 2012

On 25/10/2012 04:08, Charles Szasz wrote:
> I also again went through each of the more than 800 checkboxes in my project and did not find any missing strings. So, I don't know what is accounting for the five blank lines in my field "recommendations".
> If you have more ideas or suggestions, please share them with me.

Perhaps some of the strings contain leading or trailing returns - so you're
not collecting empty values, but when you put them all in a list you end up
with some blank lines.

So yet another variation might collect this information

 > repeat with y = 1 to the number of cards of stack "MyStack"
 >     if the mark of card y of stack "MyStack"= true then
 >      put the number of buttons of card y of stack "MyStack"into nbr
 >      repeat with n = 1 to nbr
 >       if the style of button n of card y of stack "MyStack" is "checkbox"\
 >           and the hilite of button n of card y of stack "MyStack"   then

              put the uMyLabel of button n of card y of stack "MyStack" into tName
              if tName contains cr then
                put y && n & cr after theList
              end if
    -- temporarily suppress normal data collection
    --      put the uMyLabel of button n of card y of stack "MyStack" iinto tName
    --     put tName & cr after theList
 >       end if
 >      end repeat
 >   end if
 > end repeat

... or if you just want to suppress it from  your output, and don't care where
it is, replace

    put tName & cr after theList

with
    put line 1 of tName & cr after theList