[OT] Apple shrinks

Roger Eller roger.e.eller at sealedair.com
Wed Oct 24 11:28:01 EDT 2012

On Wed, Oct 24, 2012 at 8:04 AM, Richmond <richmondmathewson at gmail.com>wrote:

> On 10/24/2012 01:22 PM, Bernard Devlin wrote:
>
>> When it came to choosing a tablet earlier this year, I could not see
>> myself
>> using something in the original iPad form-factor - it just felt too
>> uncomfortable in my hand.  I went for a 7" HTC Android tablet.
>>
>> The 7" form-factor is like going back to the good old days of the Apple
>> Newton.  Only the thinness of modern tablets is much to be desired
>> compared
>> to the chunkiness of the Newton!
>>

> Ahah!
>
> So; while the iPad is a tablet computer, I suppose the iPad mini (trying
> to be cutesy with the
> lower case M) is a PDA.
>
> But . . .  "Every inch an iPad"

It still amazes me that parents give iPads to their young children.
 Whatever happened to giving them those fake 'educational' laptops from
Toys-R-Us for $30 so they don't break the real computer?  I expect now that
this Christmas, there will be many (or mini) iPad minis under the tree for
the young-uns.

I personally would still opt for a less-expensive option like the Android
mini:
http://www.merimobiles.com/category_s/360.htm

~Roger