[OT] Apple shrinks

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 08:22:25 EDT 2012

On 10/24/2012 03:10 PM, Colin Holgate wrote:
> iPads work very nicely with Bluetooth keyboards. Also, close to 100% of the time you're using an iPad you're not needing to enter text. If you need something that is all about text entry, then either use an external keyboard or use a computer.

Try telling that to loads of people round here; lots of students at the
University are attempting to
write essays and take lecture notes on iPads and other Tablet computers
with the onscreen keyboard. Having spent buckets on an iPad they really
don't have anything left for a laptop.

I, being a crafty type, have solved this problem; I have a tatty-old,
second-hand Pentium IV in every
place I am likely to spend any length of time, and have just revived my
Macintosh Powerbook 180
for when I get really desperate and cannot control myself until I get to
a stationary computer.

Needless to say, I am the leading fashionista here in Bulgaria with my
20 year old lump of grey
plastic, LOL.