Text Field Observation

Cal Horner calhorner at xtra.co.nz
Mon Oct 22 17:27:13 EDT 2012

I've noticed recently that a text field set up to handle text (naturally)
has an odd attribute.

As long as the user is typing normally, that is words with spaces between
each word when the sentence reaches the right boundary of the text field I
get text wrap.

But when I take it in my dottery ol' head to hold any key down and let the
character move along the line to the end of the text field  there is no text
wrap. The line of characters disappears into the never-never. Check it out.
If you put a space in that string of characters you then get text wrap.

Now, this seems odd to me. My logic says when you have the text wrap set it
should wrap back to the next line and continue, until you left your finger
off the key.

How wrong am I? Or has the code been left out, by mistake, when so many new
features are added?

Has anyone else run into this oddity or should I just stop worrying about it
and get a day job?

Cal