[OT] On upgrading to Ubuntu 12.10

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Oct 21 05:36:05 EDT 2012

On 10/21/2012 12:03 PM, Peter Alcibiades wrote:
> Actually, just checked, and its not available in the Debian wheezy
> repositories either.  It seems to be available in Sid but its a bit risky to
> combine packages from Sid with those from testing.  It is available in the
> current squeeze Stable release repos.  It seems not to be in the released
> version of Solus either.  Someone says it is still in Debian Unstable, ie
> Sid, but did not make it into the June cutoff point for wheezy.  Doesn't say
> why.
>
> There probably is a real reason why its no longer in the latest repositories
> for either Debian or Ubuntu.  Maybe compile from source?  Though that is
> probably going to be problematic.
>
> I'm really surprised by the dependency issues.  I have never seen this when
> installing from repositories.  Or maybe way, way back in the days of Sarge,
> but not since version 4 for sure.

The funny thing is that one of my boxes went through a "slow upgrade"
via all the Beta releases; and Avant Window Navigator "stayed for the
ride", while on my main box I went from 12.04 staright into a 12.10
upgrade and AWN vanished.

Anyway, this is way OT for Livecode, so, perhaps we had better stop.