Explicit Variables again

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Oct 19 14:26:23 EDT 2012

I have always used explicit variable checking since the first language that
had the option. I make spelling errors now and again this has saved me more
than a few times. I like that repeat loops vars do not have be declared.
This make the top of the code cleaner. I agree that cleaner and leaner the
better but I live with the local statements at the top. By the way, Putting
local statements anywhere but at the top is crazy. VB6 allows this as well
as LC but I never do it.

In short I have used strict compile mode since the first time I fired up LC.
It was one of the first things I looked for when perusing the pref screens
and turned it on.

Ralph DiMola
IT Director
Evergreen Information Services