Shell command problem on Windows 7

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Tue Oct 16 14:56:30 EDT 2012

I have a variable tCommand whose contents are:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\GnuWin32\bin\diff.exe" ....<other stuff>

To clarify, the quote chars are in tCommand

If I execute it with

put shell(tCommand) into temp

... temp contains "'C:\Program' is not recognized as an internal or
external command"

If I copy and paste the contents of tCommand into a Windows Command Prompt
window, it works fine.

It seems like LC is somehow swallowing the quote characters around the
program file name, causing the space after "Program" to be the end of the
program file name.

I'm probably missing something obvious but can't figure out what!

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>