Unpopularity of global variables - why?

Bob Sneidar bobs at twft.com
Mon Oct 15 19:08:39 EDT 2012

Do you still need custom props in this scenario? Also, complex groups got me thinking, LC does not include Datagrids when using edit group or select group. That is curious. They are obviously doing something different. Is it something the IDE just "knows" or is there some kind of property, or custom props set up in the datagrid library that allows them to work like that? If the latter, I wonder if that will work for other groups as well? I know you make great use of groups in a lot of your work.

Bob