Unpopularity of global variables - why?

Scott Rossi scott at tactilemedia.com
Mon Oct 15 17:44:23 EDT 2012

Richard:

I understand the intention of your suggestion, but aside from using
setProp/getProp, what object properties *cannot* be set during locked
messages?  Has a reason ever been put forward from RunRev for why custom
props cannot be set/read while messages are locked?

It seems to me that the current behavior has only been a behavior for some
technical limitation in the engine, not because of a scripting need.  But
this is totally a perception on my part.  Otherwise, I'm all for *some*
(ANY) method for enabling custom prop setting/reading during locked
messages.

Best Regards,

Scott Rossi
Creative Director