iOS questions

Mark Smith Mark_Smith at cpe.umanitoba.ca
Sun Oct 14 23:10:13 EDT 2012

Monte Goulding wrote
> on UIApplicationWillResignActiveNotification
>    -- do your encryption here
> end UIApplicationWillResignActiveNotification

I'm going to try:

on UIApplicationWillResignActiveNotification
   close this stack
end UIApplicationWillResignActiveNotification

and see if we can get an orderly shutdown with encryption and all (all the
code to handle it is in the closestack handler) which is also sent when you
press the "home" button.

Interestingly I just checked the docs on the home button and its not
mentioned except in reference to the screen orientation. But clearly when
you press home it sends a "closestack" message and shuts down the
application. Strange how this would not be documented (unless I missed it)?