Missing Digests

Bob Earp rjearp at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 14 16:52:30 EDT 2012

Roger,
I am amazed how some folks on this list manage to keep up with Digests, never mind individual posts.  I seem to blink and three more digests appear in my InBox.  The obviously don't sleep, have no lives, and have found the way to bend time ;-)

Anyway, I have a love - hate relationship with the LC lists, which are the only ones I subscribe to these days.  I absolutely love them from the plethora of information they provide and the incredible support from the subscribees (is that a word ?).  I hate them for taking so much time to read, and doubly hate them when twits post totally useless drivel.  I was going to say the latter know who they are, but suspect that is not the case, and maybe I am a culprit with this post !!

Anyway, one thing I have always wished for is a decent reader that would let me read the posts as I want to, which is likely different to everybody else.  The least I'd like to do is click on an index item and jump to the message, but I'm sure being able to selectively display threads would be of benefit  too.  I know there have been various readers built in the past, and of course there is also the archive and search capabilities on-line, but so far they've all fell a slice or two short of a picnic.

Maybe it is time for you and I to build a new one or better still start an openSource one  ;-)

best, Bob...

Bob Earp
White Rock, British Columbia.