Unpopularity of global variables - why?

dunbarx at aol.com dunbarx at aol.com
Fri Oct 12 18:16:14 EDT 2012

So you see there is nothing wrong with them, just be careful. They are both powerful and dangerous, like a firearm, but similarly, very useful in the appropriate situation.

I have an ancient personal distaste that derives from the fact that in HC, they persist in the variable watcher and cause clutter. But in LC, this can be addressed.

Craig Newman