Unpopularity of global variables - why?

Peter Haworth pete at lcsql.com
Fri Oct 12 17:24:33 EDT 2012

What Mark said.  Plus I've spent many a happy hour debugging code that was
supposed to refer to a global variable except that I forgot to declare it
as such in my script so it was treated as a local variable (in the days
before realising that Strict Compile Mode is a good thing to do).  That's
my own stupidity of course but any time I find a way to protect myself from
my own mistakes, I'll take it!

Pete
lcSQL Software <http://www.lcsql.com>